All of the information that you provide to Palmo Collective is strictly private and confidential.
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. All payment card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Palmo Collective comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
COOKIES & DATA
Palmo Collective applies European standards when it comes to data (the GDPR regulations).
How we collect data
- We collect data to be able to complete a transaction and keep you informed about a purchase. This is not the same as a marketing email.
- We require opt-in (and not opt out) for permission to send you emails about new products, sample sales or news.
Cookies (See our policy of the use of personal data further down this page)
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
How we get permission:
Cookies on our website
Palmo Collective uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
Shopping cart cookie – so we can add stuff to your cart.
[Other] third-party cookies
Palmo Collective uses Shopify - the cloud-based software that powers our online shops - to process data. It is GDPR compliant.
When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third-party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
To be able to serve Facebook and Instagram ads, including so-called remarketing ads of products you looked at but did not buy.
Personal information collection
Palmo Collective collects and uses the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering or buying with the website;
- information about transactions carried out over this website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services including our emails;
- when you make a comment or leave a product review, or send a picture for publishing in the Palmo Collectives section;
- Information that is publicly available, we may for example embed YouTube Videos or Instagram pictures.
Using personal information
Palmo Collective may use your personal information to:
- send to you products that you purchase;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase – like shopping vouchers;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you and
- send you marketing communications
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Palmo Collective may disclose your personal information to the extent (and only to that extent) that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend Palmo Collective’s legal rights.
Securing your data
Palmo Collective will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Palmo Collective will store all the personal information you provide securely.
We do not collect or store Payment Details at all.
Updating this statement
Questions, requests, deletions or feedback
You can also at any time request us to delete your data using the same form.